(Jan 7, 2020) Sustain Our Great Lakes (SOGL) is a binational, public-private partnership that sustains, restores and protects fish, wildlife and habitat in the Great Lakes basin. SOGL will solicit proposals for Great Lakes grants to benefit the basin.
- Eligible applicants include non-profit organizations, educational institutions, and state, tribal and local governments.
- Pre-proposals are due Feb. 11, 2020.
- The Request for Proposals will be available at www.nfwf.org/greatlakes.
Webinar Jan. 16
SOGL invites those interested to join a webinar Jan. 16, 2020 at 10 AM Central / 11 AM Eastern to learn about the grant funding opportunity. Participants will learn about funding priorities and the application process, receive tips for submitting competitive proposals, and have the opportunity to ask questions.
- The webinar will last approximately one hour.
- Register for the webinar
- A recording of the webinar will be available for viewing on the SOGL website after the live program
The 2020 program is supported by the Great Lakes Restoration Initiative. The program will award grants in the following areas:
- Restoring and enhancing stream and riparian Habitat
- Restoring and enhancing coastal wetland habitat
- Expanding green stormwater infrastructure in Great Lakes communities
- Maintaining and enhancing benefits of habitat restoration through invasive species control
- New in 2020: Restoring and preserving natural areas and biodiversity in Wisconsin's Lake Michigan watershed
Learn more about the Sustain Our Great Lakes Program of the National Fish and Wildlife Federation.
For questions about the funding opportunity or webinar, please contact: