EPA and its federal partners are in the process of developing Action Plan III, which will outline priorities and goals for the GLRI for 2020-2024.
Having now concluded a series of public engagement sessions, EPA expects to request additional public input when it releases a draft Action Plan.
Action Plan III will identify five focus areas for environmental progress:
- toxic substances and areas of concern
- invasive species
- nonpoint source pollution impacts on nearshore health
- habitat and species
- future restoration actions
Public Engagement Sessions
U.S. EPA hosted a series of public engagement sessions over the summer to update the public on the GLRI and to seek their input on future priorities.
- June 13, 2018 - Toledo, OH
- June 21, 2018 - Rochester, NY
- July 12, 2018 - Duluth, MN
- July 18, 2018 - Milwaukee, WI
- July 24, 2018 - Saginaw, MI
- Aug. 7, 2018 - Chicago, IL