U.S. EPA Administrator Andrew Wheeler announced membership of the Great Lakes Advisory Board (GLAB), an EPA federal advisory committee, at Grand Valley State University’s Annis Water Resource Institute with U.S. Congressmen Bill Huizenga (MI-02) and Fred Upton (MI-06).
Administrator Wheeler re-established the GLAB in December 2018 to provide advice and recommendations on matters related to the Great Lakes Restoration Initiative and the implementation of the Great Lakes Water Quality Agreement between the United States and Canada.
On April 1, EPA selected the following individuals to serve as members of the GLAB:
- Stephen Galarneau, director of the Office of Great Waters – Great Lakes & Mississippi River, Wisconsin Department of Natural Resources (Co-Chair)
- Kyle Dreyfuss-Wells, chief executive officer, Northeast Ohio Regional Sewer District (Co-Chair)
- Scudder Mackey, chief of the Office of Coastal Management, Ohio Department of Natural Resources
- Chad Abel, administrator, Red Cliff Band of Lake Superior Chippewa
- James Williams Jr, chairman, Lac Vieux Desert Band of Lake Superior Chippewa Indians
- Jeff Stollenwerk, director of government and environmental affairs, Duluth Seaway Port Authority
- John Hull, founder and chairman, Hull & Associates Inc.
- Lisa Frede, director of regulatory affairs, Chemical Industry Council of Illinois
- Larry Antosch, senior director, Ohio Farm Bureau Federation
- Kay Nelson, director of environmental affairs, Northwest Indiana Forum
- J. Val Klump, dean and professor of the School of Freshwater Sciences, University of Wisconsin-Milwaukee
- Alan Steinman, director of Annis Water Resources Institute, Grand Valley State University
- Brian Miller, retired, Illinois-Indiana Sea Grant and Illinois Water Resources Center
- Sylvia Orduño, organizer, Michigan Welfare Rights Organization