U.S. EPA hosted a virtual celebration on Dec. 9, 2020 to highlight the accomplishments of the Great Lakes Restoration Initiative over the last ten years.
This virtual format featured local, state and federal partners and representatives across the Great Lakes region and highlighted the significant restoration work and successes that have occurred in the Great Lakes since the creation of the GLRI in 2010.
In order, speakers were:
- Joseph Liebau, U.S. EPA Region 5 chief of staff
- Kurt Thiede, U.S. EPA Region 5 Administrator & Great Lakes Program Manager
- U.S. Representative Pete Stauber (MN-08)
- U.S. Representative David Joyce (OH-14), Co-Chair of the Congressional Great Lakes Task Force
- Mike Vandersteen, Mayor of Sheboygan and Chair of Great Lakes and St. Lawrence Cities Initiative
- Kyle Dreyfuss-Wells, co-chair of EPA’s Great Lakes Advisory Board
- U.S. Representative Fred Upton (MI-06)
- U.S. Representative Marcy Kaptur (OH-09)
- U.S. Representative Debbie Dingell (MI-12)
- Lilith Fowler, executive director of Harbor District, Inc.
- Charlie Wooley, Regional Director, U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service
- U.S. Representative Bill Huizenga (MI-02), Co-Chair of the Congressional Great Lakes Task Force
- Chris Litzau, Great Lakes Community Conservation Corps
- Jessica Koski, Bureau of Indian Affairs
If you have any questions please contact Alexander Girard (email@example.com), 312-288-6256.