The Great Lakes Interagency Task Force and the Regional Working Group were established by Executive Order 13340 in May 2004.
The EPA Administrator chairs the IATF to coordinate work under the GLRI Action Plan. The IATF, through its Regional Working Group, selects the best combination of programs and projects.
The Regional Working Group coordinates GLRI activities and makes recommendations on how to implement the policies, strategies, projects and priorities of the Task Force. The RWG conducts monthly conference calls or meetings.
It is composed of the appropriate regional administrator or director with programmatic responsibility for the Great Lakes system for each agency represented on the Task Force.
Federal organizations involved in RWG activities are listed in bold below. Additional information is available from organization contacts.
- U.S. Department of Agriculture
- U.S. Department of Commerce
- U.S. Department of Army
- U.S. Army Corps of Engineers
- U.S. Department of Health and Human Services
- Agency for Toxic Substances and Disease Registry
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
- U.S. Department of State
- U.S. Department of Homeland Security
- U.S. Coast Guard
- U.S. Department of the Interior
- U.S. Department of Transportation
- Federal Highway Administration
- Maritime Administration
- U.S. Environmental Protection Agency